Bridle Path Home & School Alumni Scholarship
What is a Bridle Path Elementary Home & School Alumni Scholarship?
Bridle Path Alumni Scholarships provide financial assistance to North Penn high school seniors who exhibit excellence in
a well-rounded educational and extracurricular program. They are expected to also continue Bridle Path’s “spirit of
volunteering” in their school and community. The scholarship(s) are made possible by contributions from the Bridle
Path Elementary School Parents and Teachers.
Who is eligible for a Bridle Path H & S Alumni Scholarship?
Any current North Penn high school senior who:
- Attended Bridle Path Elementary School for a minimum of one year.
- Has not applied for an Alumni Scholarship from another elementary school in the North Penn School District.
- Is planning to continue his/her education beyond high school in an accredited institution of higher education or in a technical school program of at least one year in length
- Has a minimum non-weighted GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- The Bridle Path Alumni Scholarship committee will consider the following areas in awarding scholarships:
- Academic Achievement
- Community Service /Volunteerism
- Extracurricular Activities
- Expression of thoughts in an essay
- The Scholarship may be used at any institution of recipient’s choice and may be used at the student’s discretion.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the North Penn High School Senior Awards Night and announced at the June Bridle Path Home and School Association meeting.
- Deadline is March 16th, 2018.
Instructions for Submitting Scholarship Application
- Complete all information on the Bridle Path Alumni Scholarship application. Extra sheets may be included if space is insufficient.
- All information must be clearly printed or preferably typed. Include your name on all pages of the documents submitted, including the essay.
- Have your guidance counselor sign the application.
- Application- can be typed online and printed out
- Essay – Type a one page essay describing why you feel you are deserving of a Bridle Path Alumni Scholarship. Bridle Path’s H & S Association has always been based on the “spirit” of volunteering. In addition, describe how you have continued to demonstrate Bridle Path’s spirit of volunteering in your school or local community and what you have learned from these experiences. If space permits, also include how these experiences may assist you with your plans for the future.
*Do not submit your general college application essay in place of the requested essay topic. Your essay must address the questions/ideas described here and be specific to the BPHSA application in order to be considered.
- Letter of acceptance from your institution of higher learning
- Official high school transcript
- Submit application packets to the Transcript Office Bin of North Penn High School by the due date of March 16th, 2018.